Porcelain veneers are among the most sought after cosmetic dentistry services. Offered by Lake Oswego Smiles, these realistic laminates correct many kinds of dental flaws. Top dentist in Lake Oswego, OR, Dr. Colin Smith, can tell you more about veneers.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are also called dental laminates. Imitating the color, shape and size of your teeth--minus the flaws--veneers are thin layers of superior-grade ceramic. Dr. Smith permanently bonds them to the front side of teeth which are:
- Deeply discolored and unresponsive to professional teeth whitening
- Chipped, pitted or cracked
- Dark due to metal fillings, tetracycline or root canal treatment
- Gapped, slightly crooked or crowded
- Irregular in shape and/or size
How do porcelain veneers work?
To create and apply veneers, Dr. Smith will examine your teeth and gums and discuss your ideas for a renewed smile. Oral impressions give the dental lab an accurate way to create each veneer individually, and the laminates possess a complementary color and sheen.
To ensure proper fit, Dr. Smith removes a small portion of enamel from each tooth. When your veneers are ready, he bonds them to your smile using a long-lasting and tooth-colored cement. Most people acclimate to their veneers quickly and really enjoy their sparkling appearance.
Other benefits of porcelain veneers
1. Your new smile takes just two visits with your dentist in his Lake Oswego, OR, office.
2. The porcelain is highly stain-resistant (reports EverydayHealth). Unlike tooth enamel, it is smooth and non-porous.
3. Veneers make your tooth structure more resilient to the forces exerted when you bite and chew.
4. Veneers often finish more complex smile makeovers.
5. Daily maintenance of your refinished teeth is as simple as brushing, flossing and avoiding dense, hard foods, such as almonds, taffy and candy apples.
6. Porcelain veneers last for many years.
What would you do for a beautiful smile?
Really, achieving this goal may be easier than you think. Why not contact Lake Oswego Smiles for an informative cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Colin Smith? He loves giving his patients their dream smiles. Porcelain veneers could be your best choice. Call our Lake Oswego, OR, office today at (503) 635-3653.